Monday, August 29, 2011

Nursery Update

Well after much debating and searching, we have finally decided on furniture for the nursery. Let me tell you, we had no idea how much trouble we would have deciding on the nursery furniture. To say it was a fiasco is an understatement. I'm not really sure why it was so hard. Maybe it's because we don't want to spend a fortune and have very particular taste, but thank goodness it's decided! We ended up ordering cheaper cribs from Target and cancelled the cribs we had on order at Baby Furniture Plus Kids. We feel a lot better about spending half as much on these which look fine if you ask me.

This past weekend was "Operation Nursery Furniture". We are traveling next weekend and really wanted to have the furniture squared away (decided and ordered) before we leave. While I have pretty good energy, I want to take advantage and get the nursery finished. I hope I don't have to go on bed rest, but you never know when things may change. After deciding against the Nadeau Banana Basket Buffet, we were back to square one. Adam and I decided to get up Saturday morning and head to the Gaffney Outlets where we were sure we would find something cool and inexpensive at the Pottery Barn Outlet...hahahaha!!! What a waste of time and gas. Needless to say, we didn't find a thing in our price range (actually I didn't see anything I loved). Still determined to get this done Saturday, we drove back to Greenville and loaded up on burgers and fries at 5 Guys. Hey, we needed energy to get this furniture shopping done, right?! ;) After stopping at several other places, we still had nothing. One of our last stops of the day was Buy Buy Baby. At this point we were ready to buy anything. We found a little chest of drawers and with changer on top that we liked, so we settled on that (didn't buy yet though). At least we had found something cheap that would serve its purpose. I was ready to collapse at this point (didn't know furniture shopping was so exhausting), but Adam insisted we get stop by Lowe's for some more paint samples for the nursery. Side note: I HATE Lowe's!! I don't know why. Maybe because I'm not a fix-it-upper kinda girl but wow! That's one store I do not like going in.

After a nice Saturday afternoon nap, I felt a little re-charged. We had a great Mexican dinner and came home to watch the Netflix movie we've had for over a month. BTW-Black Swan (wasn't sure if it was going to be good or not) was awesome! A lot better than I expected. A little dark, but definitely some great acting. We were good Sunday and got up and went to Sunday School. Our church is in a little bit of a transition period between ministers so we decided just to do Sunday School. Plus I had to teach Attack Sunday afternoon, so it's nice to have some downtime beforehand. I had enough energy after Attack to hit up the pool for a little bit. Still trying to have a little color.

Sunday evening we decided to check out Babies r Us' furniture (still wanting to see if there's anything else that we would like better) AND we got a 20% off coupon in the paper we could use on furniture. Well, guess what?! All of our searching is over (hopefully). I've said this before, haha. I mean it this time because I am so tired of looking at stupid furniture. I like the accessories part better. :) I posted a pic below of what we found. It's a lot nicer than the Buy Buy Baby one and we will get more use out of it. Plus with the coupon, it ended up being about the same price, which is key! :) The dresser is on order...thank goodness!!! I have another cubby-like shelf in mind and then we are finished with the nursery furniture decisions! Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment