Thursday, September 1, 2011

Football Time in Tennessee

Even though we ended up not going to the game (decided it was way too hot for preggo and ended up storming), it was wonderful to be in Knoxville on game day. If you've never experienced it, there's nothing like Knoxville on a UT game day. I started off my day by going to Body Pump with mom. Adam even joined in. :) After a great workout, Dad took us to Pete's for lunch. Pete's is a great diner downtown that serves awesome breakfast and meat and three. It's one of my parents favorite places. It was so great to see everyone wearing their TN Orange. You have to remember I live in SC where it's all Clemson Orange and USC Garnet. Due to the near 100 degree temps, we opted to watch the game at Downtown Grill and Brewery. It was perfect except for the long rain delay. We were able to get a good seat to see TVs and the food there is so good! Of course that's what I'm all about these days, ha ha. I did have a Beck's non-alcoholic beer. You have to have a beer while watching football. Yes, I need to add an "S" to "Quarterback". This tank was too cute to pass up though.


Sunday we planned on heading to the outlets in Pigeon Forge. We got up early to get there right when they open to beat the Labor Day crowds. Boy, am I glad we did. By the time we left, it was ridiculously crowded. I would not have been a happy camper trying to shop with all those people. We stopped by my friend Ashley's house on the way home to see her newborn baby boy, Bryce. He is adorable! She was so sweet to give me a bunch of maternity clothes, which is a HUGE help! So cute too! Thank you Ashley!! :)

We ended up coming back Monday morning so Adam could get back to work on Tuesday and not waste a vacation day. We will need all of those we can get soon. All in all a wonderful weekend with my parents in Ktown. We have decided we are not traveling again for awhile. We have been burning up the roads lately, so we need to stay at home and get some things completed (ummm...like the nursery). I think I have started my nesting phase. I am very anxious to get the nursery complete in case I go on bed rest. Truth be told, I just want it finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment