Monday, September 12, 2011

Working Weekend

Since Adam and I were finally in town this weekend, we decided to bust it and get some work done on the nursery. My sweet hubby worked so hard and did everything I asked. It's harder for me to do some of the big things these days so I need a man to help. :) We made mucho progress in the nursery. Adam finished the paint, which looks amazing I might add. He did a wonderful job-looks professional. Here's a before pic.

While Adam was painting, I was feeling productive so I thought I would put one of the cribs together. Not thinking, I put it together in the living room while watching football. When it came time to take it into the nursery, guess what?! Yep, didn't fit through the door. What do ya know? After yelling and cursing (I was so proud of my crib building skills), Adam took the darn thing apart (not totally just enough to fit through the door). One of the cribs almost finished.

After watching the TN game, we decided to go downtown since the weather was so nice and have a date night. :) We sat outside at Pomegranate and had a delicious dinner. Instead of going somewhere for drinks after dinner (what we used to do), we decided to get really crazy. We hit up BABIES R US baby! What else would you want to do on a Saturday night, lol? We thought we were going to buy mattresses with coupons we had but ended up getting a twin feeding pillow (only one they had) and a changing pad for the dresser we would be getting on Sunday...which leads me to my next topic...the dresser...

Sunday we woke up to a beautiful Fall morning. We had coffee and read the paper (I just look through the ads and coupons) on the back patio which was very nice. After Sunday School and a huge Mexican lunch (I have been eating pretty healthy lately, so I deserve it right?), we decided to tackle the bear of getting the almost 200 lb dresser from Babies R Us to our house with Adam's VW GTI. No problem, right?! I know what ya'll are thinking if you know how big a GTI is, but as much as I'm ready to get rid of that car I have to say that through the years it has proven to be very helpful when it comes to hauling things. Doesn't look big, but fold the seats down and there is more room than you think. Keep in mind our knees our in the dash, but still...we have hauled so many things in that car. Well the GTI let us down on Sunday. I figured it wouldn't fit but it was worth a try. Let me tell you though, this dresser is huge and in a box already put together. I don't think it would have fit in many SUVs. So, apparently Home Depot offers a truck you can rent for $20 for 75 minutes. Yup, ya'll this is a lifesaver if you don't have a large vehicle for hauling things. Adam was the man and got that thing to our house and back to Home Depot in time. Whew! The biggest items are now in the nursery.

Thankfully we had help from the neighbors to get it out...





And the final product...




I want to wait to post pics of the entire nursery until it's completely finished. Don't worry I will definitely post them though. As of last night both cribs have been put together. I still have a shelf to put together. Next on the list...mattresses. Anybody know a place to get a good cheap one (actually two)? We want to go cheap on these. Well there you have it...a VERY productive weekend! I am very happy with our progress. I think this is why we start our weeks so tired. We work so hard on the weekends and forget to rest.

1 comment:

  1. We got ours at Babies R Us with the coupons. Do some internet searches and you can almost always find more coupons. Make sure to get FIRM mattresses. It lowers the chance that the baby could suffocate, or that it what I have read. So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete