Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Babies Update and More

I have had 2 doctor's appointments in the past week. I had my bi-weekly visit at the high risk last week, and I just got back from my monthly visit at my regular OB group. I got an ultrasound at the high risk last week. The boys look precious. Baby A is 1 lb 4oz and Baby B (a little smaller) is 15oz but that is perfectly normal. They made sure the membrane separating them looked OK, checked the blood flow to the brain, and took a lot of measurements. Overall, everything looks good! Baby A was not cooperating for the camera, so I just have a clear pic of Baby B at a little over 23 Weeks. Precious!


Today I had to go in for my glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. I couldn't eat or drink anything this morning and had to drink this sugary orange drink beforehand. I thought it was going to be some terrible, long drawn out thing, but it was so easy. They just drew blood and that was that besides my growling stomach and extreme thirst. I drink water constantly so it was hard to not have any for a while this morning. The actual doctor's visit didn't take long at all, so I hope everything is fine with my blood work. I REALLY don't want to go back in for more testing which takes 4 hours! I will know in 3-4 days whether or not I have to do that. Everything seems to be going fine, which is wonderful news! Here are some baby bump pics of me at 24 weeks. I know I am terrible about taking them much less posting them. Sorry for the poor quality too. I took them with my phone. For those of ya'll who are grossed out by this, skip over these.
~24 Weeks~



I started this past weekend team teaching Attack Saturday morning. Whew! I hadn't taught a high impact class (of course I stay low but you still have to have a certain amount of energy for a high impact class) in awhile, so it kicked my booty! I may have pushed a little too hard because after I felt a little woozy. I just have to constantly remind myself, "I am pregnant, take it easy!!" After running errands and straightening up a bit, we had a nice visit from the Vicars. It was a quick trip to them but it was so good to visit a bit and have a nice Italian meal out together. By Sunday, I was wiped! All I wanted to do was lay on the couch, which I did, ha ha! Hey, I'm pregnant! I can do that all day if I want, right? I was ready to go again on Monday. I taught my Active class Monday morning, worked from home in the afternoon, and went back to the gym for another Attack class. I typically don't do 2 classes in a day, so needless to say it took a lot out of me. I do take it easy though. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing at the gym as long as the doctors say it's ok and I feel fine doing it. So far, so good! I sure hope it stays that way.

I have been fortunate enough to be able to work from home a few days a week recently. I am not planning on going back to The Pink Monogram after I have my boys, so this is perfect! Since the majority of TPM's business comes from the Internet, there is always plenty of work to do on the web. Perfect for me, right?! I have been training my replacement for the past couple of weeks, so I will slowly transition into working completely from home. Plus we don't know if I will have to go on bed rest so if I do, I am ready to keep working. I am so thankful for this set-up. I will leave you with a pic from the hardest working member of our family...

1 comment:

  1. You look great! Wish I was that small with only ONE baby! :o)

    ReplyDelete