Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall is in the Air


My weekend started off fabulously! After work I decided to stop by the mall just to browse (yeah right) the new Fall styles and look for a new handbag.

Disclaimer: I tend to ramble on about shopping and fashion, so if this doesn't interest you, please skip ahead.

Even though I can't wear a lot of the styles this year, I still want to keep up with the trends, so I decided to do a little "trend" shopping Friday evening. It ended up being a very successful trip. I have found that when you go in looking for something specific you will find nothing. When it's just a "browsing" trip, you will want everything! Let me just tell you...for me there is nothing like a little retail therapy to cheer one up and brighten the day. :) I found a gorgeous handbag at Dillards. It's just what I was looking for...black patent with gold hardware and it's the perfect size. I have a hard time finding the "perfect" bag at the right price point, so I was super excited to find this one. I love the gold chain handle (very Chanel-like).

I also had some luck in Juniors. The best thing about Juniors is you can usually find (if you hit it at the right time) trendy pieces at a much cheaper price than in Contemporary or high end boutiques. I was thrilled about finding some trendy Fall items (with lots of belly room of course) at good prices. I am having a really hard time with the "maternity" clothing thing. A) they are super expensive. What a rip off! B) It's hard (for me) to find styles I like. This is why I was so happy to find some items that will work perfect for me (Big Mama) this Fall. I am really excited about my cape jacket. Although I'm not sure the hubs gets it. He called me a "flying squirrel" when I put it on. Oh well, too bad. I love it and it's the perfect preggo belly Fall piece. I will pair it with some skinny jeans or leggings and tall boots and it will be perfect. :)
After my shopping outing, Adam and I got Carrabba's take out which was the perfect ending to a great evening.

Saturday was busy. We worked hard again. I got up and taught pump, ran errands, and cleaned the house (it was in dire need) all before the TN/FL game, which we lost. :( It has been so long since we beat FL. I was so hoping we would pull it off this past weekend. Oh well, there's always next year, right? They better get it together by next year because I want my boys' first football season to see a Vol win against FL. On a the other hand, Adam's homemade spinach dip made the game a little more bearable to watch. It's soooo yummy! And yes, we ate it all! My hubby is quite the cook, thank goodness. I don't like to cook so this works out well. :) After the game we (Adam) put together the bookshelf in the nursery, so all the big furniture pieces are done!

Here's another TN Maternity Tee I'm loving. Thanks to my sweet friend Ashley!


Sunday morning we woke up and were pooped from everything we did on Saturday, so we were bad and didn't make it to church. We had a wonderfully lazy Sunday morning instead, which was very much needed.

Babies Update:
Of course I have to put in a baby update...The boys are kicking harder and harder. I feel them more and you can see them kicking through my belly. It really is quite hilarious. Just not sure how much stronger their kicks will get, hope not too much haha. I put a bowl of popcorn on my belly the other night, and they almost kicked it off. It seems they are most active in the evening when I'm laying on the couch or maybe it's because I am still and can feel them more. I go back to the high risk Dr. Wednesday, so I will update ya'll then. Hope everything is still going ok. Please keep your prayers coming that they are healthy and both growing equally. I greatly appreciate them all. I am a firm believer in prayer, so knowing I have peeps praying for my boys is very comforting. I am 23 weeks and will be 24 this Thursday. Can't wait to meet my little kickers. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Love that they almost kicked a bowl of popcorn off! Too cute! Love the shirt too! :o)

    ReplyDelete