Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Nursery Basics



Hello all! Adam and I had a very productive weekend, which I am paying for now. These days I can only do a few tasks at a time. Not quite the same as I used to be. Plus I had to teach Body Attack Friday, Sunday, and Monday, so that wears me out as well.

We did have a fabulous weekend though. It started off Friday afternoon with a trip to the salon. I always feel better after I get my hair did. :) Saturday I had a lot of energy for some reason, so I took full advantage. I have been dying to get the cribs squared away (or at least ordered). I am so ready to start working on the nursery and that's one of the first steps besides painting. We found the cribs we wanted several weeks ago. It's hard to find a crib that's not the trend right now of the convertible bed (crib to toddler to full) with the huge headboard on the back. The cribs we chose do convert into a toddler bed, so that's perfect. We will worry about "big boy" beds later. Plus, they may not even want to sleep in their "crib" anymore even if it is converted. Since we have to buy 2 and our space is limited, we decided on a traditional crib but it's very classy. We also feel we got a good price for 2. Ya'll would not believe how ridiculously expensive some of these cribs are. We (I) have to keep in mind they won't be in them forever. So, here is a pic of the cribs we selected. The color we chose is Espresso, which is a lot darker wood than what is shown below. They are on order and expect them to be in this week. :)


After we got the cribs squared away, I dove right into figuring out exactly what I want for the crib bedding. The store we purchased the cribs from has the option to design your own custom bedding, which really appeals to me since I am having a terrible time finding exactly what I want. Plus I love doing stuff like that! Everything is so busy with these horrible tacky prints. I want something very simple without a print especially since there will be 2. I don't want the small room to look too cluttered but light and airy. The custom bedding is ridiculously expensive, so I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do that. I have a few options, which I will list below. Any ideas, comments, suggestions would be great! Ideally I would like for the main color of one set to be light green and the other to be blue. I want them to be different but still similar. So here's what I'm thinking...



These are from Serena & Lily. I would have the bumper pads monogrammed with the boys initials (blue and green to match)

Here is the Pottery Barn Pique option. The only drawback is that both sets would have to be in blue since they don't offer it in a green. So, I would have to make it look different with different colored sheets and monograms I guess. Like I said, any suggestions are welcome! :)

In addition to narrowing down the bedding choices, we also went to Lowe's to pick up some paint samples for the room. Seeing that the twins are boys, we have decided to paint the room a light blue shade. We have yet to paint the samples on the wall but will get to that soon.

I had so much energy on Saturday I knew I would pay for it later. After looking for cribs and bedding all day, I was even able to go on a date with the hubs downtown. We had a fabulous sushi dinner at Koji and the weather was so nice we were able to walk around and get ice cream. It's been so hot lately that it's unbearable to be outside. I honestly felt a little like myself Saturday night. :) And yes, I did pay for all my productivity. Sunday I was wiped! It didn't help I had to teach a high impact Body Attack class either. Adam and I tried to go to church, but I just couldn't make it. My body was screaming for rest.

I have my first appointment with the high risk doctor tomorrow morning, so hopefully everything is ok. Crossing my fingers I will get to see my babies again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment