Thursday, August 11, 2011

18 Weeks Preggo

So, I had my first visit with the High Risk Dr. yesterday. It started with a really long ultrasound. I think it may have been over an hour. The Tech was very thorough, which made me feel very good. She really examined each baby (measuring and looking at bones, organs, etc). However, Baby A was not very cooperative. That may have been why it took a little longer. Apparently he was on his head with his chin tucked into his chest. Doesn't sound comfortable to me, but must have been for him because we could not get him to move (and believe me we tried). The poor nurse kept shaking my belly and even turned the table on a huge decline so he would move, but Baby A is proving to be a little stubborn, ha ha. Both weigh 6 oz. which is great! Baby B is 1 day smaller than Baby A but that is not a big deal. We just keep praying that they will continue to grow equally and be strong and healthy. I was glad I really questioned the Dr. about my working out/class schedule too. My OB told me it was fine to keep running, teaching aerobics (just stay low), and lifting semi-heavy weight in Body Pump, but the high risk Dr. had some different advice. I was advised not to run anymore :( and to lighten up the weight load for Pump. Oh yeah, and stay very low impact on aerobics, which has been hard for me since I teach a high impact class, which may have to go by the wayside for now. Again...:( Oh well, I will be back before I know it I'm sure. It's worth it! I am already looking forward to jogging with my babies in my jogging stroller. For now, I'm gonna take it easy and listen to the doc. It sure isn't worth pre-term labor or bed rest. We want those babies to stay in as long as possible.

I have to go back to high risk doc every 2 weeks until 26 weeks so they can keep an eye on my boys. They are really watching out for twin to twin transfusion syndrome, which we definitely don't want to happen. I don't want to even think about it, so I am praying all will be fine. If I hit the 26 week mark, then my chance decreases tremendously. I would greatly appreciate your prayers for my babies to be healthy.

So enough about that...I am looking forward to going home to Knoxville this weekend to visit my parents. I think they will be surprised by the bump I have now. I definitely look preggo at 18 weeks. Plus I need to see some TN Orange. Speaking of, football season is right around the corner. Can't wait! I am planning on going into K-town for several games, so I hope I will be feeling up to it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment