Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving...a Little Late

I'm a little behind on my blog. Since I last posted, I have been back to the doctor several times. I have started going 3 times a week now. My boys were last weighed Monday and they are both still on the small side, but poor little Baby B is only 2 lbs 11oz. He has not grown much since the last weigh in 2 weeks ago, so the doctors were very concerned. Baby A is 3 lbs 8 oz which is still small but not as dangerous as B. They are monitoring me very closely. I even had to go in to the hospital today for an NST since the office is closed. They want to make sure they are not getting sick. It looks like I will deliver within the next few weeks. Ideally they want me to make it to 36 weeks which will be Dec. 15 but 34 is possible too, which is this coming Thursday-eek! Needless to say, I am a little worried about these little guys. I have also had to cut back on my activities. I am no longer teaching at the gym and am limiting my workouts (which are proving to be few and far between) to leisurely walks. I am doing everything possible to keep those babies in there as long as possible and get them bigger! I am taking it very easy and am eating hearty meals like everyone is instructing me to do, ha ha. We want these boys to grow! After getting back from the doctor on Monday, I wanted make sure everything was packed for the hospital just in case something were to happen early. I think everything is ready now, so we are just waiting.

(No, I have no makeup on, please excuse my face.)


We had already planned to stay here in Greenville for Thanksgiving (which is a first), so I could take it easy and be close to the hospital just in case. Let me just say a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving at home was just what the doctor ordered. It was wonderful! Adam put together a wonderful spread and everything was delicious for our first attempt at the feast. I'm not much of a cook, but I do like to bake and made several pies which turned out very yummy. Adam is the cook, but I did help him prepare everything. :) We were very proud of our efforts. And no, I didn't eat the turkey leg. Adam took care of that, ha.

Chef Adam

Eating for Three



The weekend before Thanksgiving, Mom came down for a visit, and Adam ended up going to Kingsport to visit his parents. I told him that would be the last chance for him to go to Kingsport for a while, so he better take advantage. Mom and I had a great time! She hadn't seen the nursery in person yet, so I think she really loved it. Some "Mom" time was just what I needed. She was so sweet to help me clean my house too. Some of the usual cleaning tasks are hard for me to do these days, so it was nice to have a helping hand. Adam and I are truly blessed with wonderful families. They have been so supportive and helpful during my pregnancy. I feel very fortunate.
My mother is the cutest! I had to put this pic up. :) Don't be mad Mom.


So that's about all that has been going on. I am just resting and waiting to meet my boys. Oh! and eating of course, ha! I guess this is a time in my life when I need to load it up, so why not? Plus everyone keeps telling me to eat more for these boys, so I am taking full advantage.


No comments:

Post a Comment