Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Van Earl and Elijah Willis are Here!

Well, the moment finally arrived! The past 8 months of preparation and waiting came down to this moment. On Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 11:30am, Van Earl entered into this world and brother was not far behind. One minute later, 11:31am, Elijah Willis graced us with his presence. Hearing those first little cries was the most surreal experience I have ever felt. I really can't put it into words, so I'm not going to try. Just know that this Mommy is very happy. Van Earl came out weighing 4 lbs 7 oz and Elijah was 3 lbs 14 oz. Unfortunately (and fortunately) I was unable to see the actual birth since they were born via C-Section, but trust me that is ok. It really seemed like a world-wind once they were born. Since they are considered preemies and high risk, a whole NICU team was in the room and swooped them over to the side to check them as soon as they were born. I did get to see them for a brief moment before they were taken straight to NICU. Adam followed the boys while I finished up in surgery. All in all things went great! Van Earl and Elijah are fine but still in the NICU. Mommy's surgery went great. Let me just say I was a little more than freaked out about the whole thing. I was probably the most nervous I have ever been in my life. Everything was fine though. I came home on Sunday. Unfortunately the boys have to stay in NICU until they can hold their body temps on their own and take all meals via bottle. We are up to 3 bottles a day, which is good. Adam and I have been going to feed them 2 times a day. They seem to do better each day. We are so in love with these little guys! It really is hard to describe the love you have for them. Here are some pics...

First Pic Together
Van Earl (front) and Elijah (back)


Meeting Van Earl


Meeting Elijah


Mommy and both her boys
(a little out of it here)


2 comments:

  1. What a huge blessing! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing story!! You are going to be such a wonderful mommy. Your boys are adorable! Praying they get to come home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that everyone is doing well! Best wishes and Merry Christmas to you and your new family! :o)

    ReplyDelete