Monday, October 3, 2011

My Attempt at Couponing

Hello all! Quick update on the Vicars. We had a nice relaxing weekend. I spent Friday working from home on The Pink Monogram Internet and was very pleased to get a lot done. I did take a quick break to meet the hubs for lunch at Chipotle. It was such a gorgeous day how could we not get out and have lunch outside? On Saturday morning, Adam did the Mud Run while I ran some errands. We were pretty low key Saturday afternoon. We watched football all day, and I did some major internet searching for the baby items we still have to purchase. We're trying to figure out how to get the most bang for our buck on the items we still need to purchase. Sunday morning was spent cutting out coupons and planning out our grocery list (I will explain this more in the next paragraph). Yes, we made it to church and after a quick lunch we were ready to save some money.

Now ya'll, I am new to this whole coupon thing. The few times I have attempted couponing I end up frustrated and feeling like I wasted my time. Most of the coupons are for stuff I don't even use or you have to buy like 10 of something to get a discount. After attending the monthly Moms of Multiples meeting this past week, I have a renewed interest in the world of couponing. Apparently there really is some money to be saved and we definitely need to save some money right now. These boys aren't cheap! Especially with my cutting back on my hours at work, we need to save as much as possible. I learned a few tricks which I was determined to try out on Sunday after finding some useful coupons in the paper. First tip for ya'll: the Crest White Strips coupons, Tide coupons, and Pampers coupons are all interchangeable. Yep, there was a $7.00 off Crest White Strips coupon in the paper Sunday and we attempted what we thought was a long shot at Target. We bought a box of diapers and guess what?! The coupon worked! We got $7.00 off a big box of Pampers. I was so excited because coupons never work for me the way I want. After our savings at Target, we went to Publix to do our weekly grocery shopping. I found out Publix doubles coupons up to $.50. We still managed to save about $10. I am very proud of my savings this week. If you just take the time to plan out your grocery list with coupons, it really is worth it. You have to stick to what's on the list though. No frivolous items which is very hard to do I know. I am the queen of frivolous items, ha ha!

Sunday evening we had our wonderful friends the Griggs over for a chili dinner. Since the weather has turned a bit chilly and Fall has arrived, we decided to cook up the first batch of chili this Fall. It was so good to see them and their precious little girl Alexandra. She and Bear hit it off. :)

I go back to the high risk doctor on Wednesday, so I will keep you posted on that. We also attended our first "baby" class at the hospital last night...Breastfeeding. Yes, my plan is to breastfeed. It was definitely informative. I learned a lot. I also got a little nervous about having twin boys. I guess it just hit me last night. This is really going to happen. I couldn't sleep at all last night because I kept thinking about all the things that could go wrong. I'm allowed a little freak out, right? I do feel better about things now and am ready to take on this challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment